Seen in → No.159
- 👀 😳 A rare find for my fellow movie nerds. This is Christopher Nolan’s hand drawn plot map for his film Inception. Also; Nolan’s diagrams for Tenet. From the excellent “The Nolan Variations” book.
- 👌🏼 I’ve wondered about this here a few times, Rachel Coldicutt phrases it much better: One of the more leftist conspiracy theories - that there is an active end-to-end co-ordinated strike happening - rather than (IMVHO) seeing this as the natural result of many multiple and unchecked power moves colliding. [E]verything can be structurally oriented towards terrible outcomes without actually anyone being the mastermind who has plotted it all out.
- 📊 🌳 MIT Technology Review’s The Green Future Index. “[A] ranking of 76 leading countries and territories on their progress and commitment toward building a low carbon future. It measures the degree to which their economies are pivoting toward clean energy, industry, agriculture, and society through investment in renewables, innovation, and green finance.”
- 🤖 Telling Stories: On culturally responsive artificial intelligence. “What world—what worlds—will we build with artificial intelligence? Intended for policymakers, technologists, educators and others, this international collection of 19 short stories delves into AI’s cultural impacts with hesitation and wonder.”
- 🇮🇹 ✉️ Among the world’s first news subscription service started by merchants in Italy were these newsletters called Avvisi, 16th century.
- 🇺🇸 🤑 Not the 🧅. Nevada bill would allow tech companies to create governments. “The zones would permit companies with large areas of land to form governments carrying the same authority as counties, including the ability to impose taxes, form school districts and courts and provide government services.”
- 🌏 Moves a lot more than I thought! Spend 40 seconds watching our planet change over a *billion* years. This is an incredible feat of geological sleuthing by Andrew Meredith and colleagues to reconstruct how our planet has looked since the Neoproterozoic.