- Dispatch 14 — A personal book cellar is now unlocked for everyone. Libraries, unread books, antilibraries, and mutations of knowledge.
- 🖼 🤑 Who Spends Millions on NFTs? Meet Beeple’s Crypto-Rich Early Collectors “I have been waiting for so long for the breakthrough, for this to really impact the world beyond just cryptocurrency. Digital art is the perfect medium to communicate the underlying implications of blockchain on self-sovereignty.” (Via Jay Owens.)
- 🤩 🧊 🌊 Fantastic visualizations of the Gulf Stream and how water currents, a melting Greenland, and salt water interact… and the massive problems we might have coming. In the Atlantic Ocean, Subtle Shifts Hint at Dramatic Dangers.
- ☀️ 🧑🏼💻 Nice! Solar Protocol. “A naturally intelligent network. This website is hosted across a network of solar powered servers and is sent to you from wherever there is the most sunshine.”
- Feminist Futures. “Imagining Feminist Futures After COVID-19 aims to support feminist movements to think through the ways in which the COVID-19 crisis is changing the future trajectories – both positive and negative – for feminist social change.”
- 🦉 🔈 🤯 Experiment! How Does An Owl Fly So Silently?. “Using sensitive sound equipment the team try to find out how an owl can fly so silently compared to other birds.”
- 📰 The Dawn of the Quaranzine. “The new wave of zines that have sprouted in the last year or so feel in many ways like a reaction to the current, even more precarious than usual, state of journalism—a cooler or more artisanal version of starting a Substack.”
- 🦠 🇯🇵 What’s the emoji for "what could possibly go wrong”? 100-Million-Year-Old Seafloor Sediment Bacteria Have Been Resuscitated. “It’s worth pausing to consider the meaning of these results. In this experiment, cells awoke and multiplied that settled to the bottom when pterosaurs and plesiosaurs drifted overhead. Four geologic periods had ground by, but these microbes, protected from radiation and cosmic rays by a thick coat of ocean and sediment, quietly persisted. And now, when offered a bite, they awoke and carried on as if nothing unusual had happened.”
- 🇮🇳 ⚡️ 🛵 Sharing our vision of the Ola Futurefactory! With 10M units/yr, it’ll be the largest 2W factory in the world, 15% of world’s capacity! With 3000+ robots, it’ll be the most advanced & with 100 acres of forest, carbon negative operations, it‘ll be the most sustainable.
Note — Mar 14, 2021