Seen in → No.171
- 😭 🇮🇳 🦠 Though week so for now I skipped this piece by Arundhati Roy on India’s ongoing Covid catastrophe but it was highly recommended in multiple places. ‘We are witnessing a crime against humanity’.
- 🍄 Meet the Renaissance Man Obsessed with Mushrooms. “In an excerpt from ‘In Search of Mycotopia,’ a new book about different communities exploring the multiple uses of fungi and mushrooms, the author goes foraging with William Padilla-Brown, a rising star in the mycological movement”
- 🤯 🎥 🎾 This is a fantastic short video showing the dedication to win and the details that can make a difference. Remembering Andre Agassi’s fascinating method of reading one of the best serves in the world.
- 🛰️ See A Satellite Tonight. Nice work! Geolocalizes you and shows a view of the earth from space, with the passage of satellites over your location. Loads of Starlinks at some times of the night.
- 🛰 🗺 😡 Deepfake satellite imagery poses a not-so-distant threat, warn geographers. “[G]eographers are concerned about the spread of fake, AI-generated satellite imagery. Such pictures could mislead in a variety of ways. They could be used to create hoaxes about wildfires or floods, or to discredit stories based on real satellite imagery.”
- 🏛 🗺 Every Roman Settlement, and nothing else. (Data collected by: DARMC project at Harvard University.)
- Long piece with scrolling animations on the tipping points of sea, ice, and land. The 7 climate tipping points that could change the world forever.
- 🏴 🌊 Floating tidal turbine. Orbital Marine “[W]here tidal speeds can exceed 3m/s, the O2 will be connected to the local electricity grid and will help power the communities of Orkney cleanly and sustainably from the waters that flow past their islands.”