- 🎥 🤯 Kendrick Lamar – The Heart Part 5. Superb deepfakes in there, wait for it.
- 🎥 🤩 🤓 💦 🧱 🇮🇹 Ils sont fous, ces Romains!! Fantastic! How did Roman Aqueducts work?. “The aqueducts were awesome manifestations of the Roman knack for practical engineering on a monumental scale.”
- 📸 😍 😍 🐦 Photographic Composites Document the Mesmerizing Flight Trails of Vultures, Crows, and Bats. “In Locked Down Looking Up, Bay Area photographer Doris Mitsch captures the swirling, shapeshifting flight patterns of birds and other winged creatures: a flock of vultures creates coils and whirls between rugged mesas, crows descend toward a forest in single-file trails, and gulls congregate above the sea in lengthy lines.”
- 🤓 💯 🐇 These artists are making tiny ROMs that will probably outlive us all. “It was the beginning of something small but profound: the Uxn, a virtual ecosystem to make experimental tools and games that exists outside the revolving door of always-online tech anchored to subscriptions, needlessly complicated upgrades, and increasingly problematic forms of digital ownership. It is essentially an emulator, to translate the actions of one computer onto another, that can prolong the life of digital data tied to aging hardware and software.”
- 🤔 🇺🇸 ⚛️ Scientists Discover Unexplained Abundance of Rare Nuclear Fusion Fuel on Earth. “Birner and his colleagues hope to root out this hidden supply of helium-3, whether it is natural or anthropogenic. More broadly, the researchers plan to apply their new technique toward untangling the various sources of anthropogenic greenhouse gasses on Earth, an effort that can help to inform our response to human-driven climate change.”
- 🎙 🇲🇽 🇸🇪 SPACE10 Radio. “A digital companion to our Mexico City Pop-Up, SPACE10 Radio explores the theme ‘Beyond Human-Centered Design’ to reimagine design in a way that embraces both people and the planet.”
- 😍 🧱 🇫🇷 🇭🇷 🇪🇸 🇰🇷 🇨🇳 🇨🇦 ⚜️ (Not sure why they only one with no picture is Québec?!?!) Six walled cities that have preserved their walls. “The walled city concept expired some time ago, particularly after the discovery of gunpowder. However, they are architectural structures that were key elements for cities, and even nations. In fact, some bastions were the embryo of many populations that started out as a military settlement or fortification.”
Note — May 15, 2022