- 😃 💬 Now here’s something I didn’t expect but like a lot, Meredith Whittaker is now president of Signal.
- 🤩 🤔 🤩 🤔 William Gibson’s novel comes to vivid life in first teaser for The Peripheral. The fact I’m not disappointed yet (other than the fact that it’s at effing Amazon) counts as praise at this stage. Looks fantastic and nothing jumps out as utterly wrong.
- 😍 😍 😍 ☁️ 🇸🇪Climate Layers. “We know that the climate crisis is happening — but how do we comprehend its global effects? We have created the exhibition Climate Layers to visualise how climate stressors are affecting our shared home, the planet.”
- 🚲 😍 🎥 🇳🇱 Traffic: conflict or a dance? Cycling Professor invites you to re-think the meaning of mobility at CRBAM. “Minimize the machine, let humanity thrive.”
- 🤔 🐁 🇨🇳 What could possibly go wrong? CRISPR fully reprograms mammal genome for the first time. “Chinese researchers say they’ve successfully reprogrammed the genome of the common lab mouse — rearranging its genes and reducing its number of chromosomes from 20 to 19.”
- 🥵 🇪🇸 City of Seville in Spain Using 1,000-Year-Old Technology to Fight Climate Change. “The city is using every other strategy in the heat adaptation playbook — installing public fountains, planting 5,000 trees a year and switching to construction materials that reflect heat. Because extreme heat requires extreme measures, earlier this summer Seville became the first city in the world to name and categorize heat waves in the same way the US or Asian nations name hurricanes and typhoons.”
- 🤩 I haven’t dug in yet but CW&T are among the winners and I love them. 2022 National Design Award Winners. “… honor innovation and impact and recognize the power of design to change the world.”
Note — Sep 11, 2022