- 🤩 In practice: Superflux and essay by Anab Jain and Hanna Sarsa. “Imagining and spatialising possible futures on our planet helps overcome climate change apathy.”
- 📚 New issue of Kernel Magazine. In the first one they asked Where do we go from here? In this one they ask, How do we get there?
- 💬 🇷🇺 This headline is 21st Century af. $620 for an HIV diagnosis: Russians buy their way out of military service on Telegram. “The platform has given rise to a robust cottage industry helping Russian men avoid mobilization.”
- 🤬 😱 🦭 Animal populations experience average decline of almost 70% since 1970, report reveals. We are complete fools. And by we I mean largely rich western countries. And by rich western countries I mean mostly our ‘leaders’ and business magnates. But the rest of us too.
- 🤔 🤔 ☀️ 🇦🇺 Out of thin air: new solar-powered invention creates hydrogen fuel from the atmosphere. “According to its inventors, the prototype produces hydrogen with greater than 99% purity and can work in air that is as dry as 4% relative humidity. The device would allow hydrogen to be produced without carbon emissions even in regions where water on land is scarce, they say.”
- 😍 😍 This Year’s Small World Photo Contest Unveils the Astounding Details Only Visible Under the Light Microscope.
- 😍 Sebastian Foster’s Limited-Edition Disrupted Realism Print Set Featuring Works Reshaping Realism. “Disrupted Realism is the first book to survey the works of contemporary painters who are challenging and reshaping the tradition of Realism. Helping art lovers, collectors, and artists approach and understand this compelling new phenomenon, the volume includes the works of 38 artists whose paintings respond to the subjectivity and disruptions of modern experience.”
Note — Oct 16, 2022