Seen in → No.49
- Senior Google Scientist Resigns Over “Forfeiture of Our Values” in China. “I am forced to resign in order to avoid contributing to, or profiting from, the erosion of protection for dissidents.”
- Can’t say I’m surprised: The YouTube stars heading for burnout: ‘The most fun job imaginable became deeply bleak’.
- Hackers Can Steal a Tesla Model S in Seconds by Cloning Its Key Fob. “With about $600 in radio and computing equipment, they can wirelessly read signals from a nearby Tesla owner's fob. Less than two seconds of computation yields the fob's cryptographic key, allowing them to steal the associated car without a trace.”
- Vienna Provides Toolkit For Citizens To Create Their Own Pocket Parks. “It provides a step-by-step guide to build your own parklet — from finding a spot, planning the construction, until handing in the design for approval.”
- It’s impossible to lead a totally ethical life—but it’s fun to try.
- 🌳 How to Escape a City Without Leaving It: 15 Urban Parks.
- Hacking the Education Narrative with Dungeons & Dragons. “[H]er social and emotional growth ‘happened almost instantly, and her reading improved almost overnight. Her teachers came to me shortly after, exulting that she was asking and answering questions and had become a leader in all of her classes.’”
- Bonsai: the Endless Ritual. Chiako Yamamoto, the first and only female bonsai sensei. (Via Hiut Denim who spin some mean jeans and newsletters.)