- Puerto Rico is a tax-haven for rich mainlanders and is also too broke to survive hurricanes: are these facts possibly related, somehow?. “3,000 funerals later, Puerto Rico is a symbol of looter capitalism, where lethal incompetence, deliberate blindness, crony capitalism, and are the only official response to natural disasters that plunged American citizens into months of darkness, the second-longest power-outage in human history.”
- 🇹🇷 Atölye. I so 😍 places like this!! In Istanbul, “a transdisciplinary innovation platform, powered by its two parts: creative hub and strategic design studio.” Look at this fantastic space they developed. (Via James Bridle.)
- I attended an Oculus conference in virtual reality, and all I got was eyestrain. Attending the Oculus Quest launch through VR. (What a title!)
- North is Thalmic’s secret smart glasses play. The makers of the Myo gestural controller seem to be working on some smart glasses.
- The scooter data opportunity: Cities can shape their future if they act now
- New Climate Debate: How to Adapt to the End of the World
- Your gut is directly connected to your brain, by a newly discovered neuron circuit. “[A] new study reveals the gut has a much more direct connection to the brain through a neural circuit that allows it to transmit signals in mere seconds. The findings could lead to new treatments for obesity, eating disorders, and even depression and autism—all of which have been linked to a malfunctioning gut.”
Note — Sep 30, 2018