Seen in → No.71
- Inventing Abstraction at the MoMA (from 2012) which prove to be excellent Maps of scenius.
- 🧵 by Katharine Hayhoe on Twitter: “When it comes to what climate goals we should be aiming for, there are a lot of “magic numbers” floating around - 2 degrees, 12 years, 350ppm, net zero emissions, and more. Here’s a short thread explaining the scientific basis—or lack thereof—for each.”
- 🧵 by Ben See on Twitter with lots of references for his various points. “Remember:1. The oceans are being killed.2. Forests will soon be gone.3. Fertile soil is disappearing.4. Megafauna risk extermination.5. Insects are vanishing.6. Climate chaos is inevitable.7. Extinction is now.8. Plastic is in our blood.None of this is front page news.”
- Beto O’Rourke’s secret membership in America’s oldest hacking group. “There’s just this profound value in being able to be apart from the system and look at it critically and have fun while you’re doing it.”
- UNStudio develops smart neighbourhood where residents own their data. “They envision the area as a "living laboratory" that produces its own food and energy, manages its own waste and controls its own data.“
- This is quite my jam: Atmospheric Collages by Art Duo ‘Frank Moth’ Combine Elements from the Past and Future.
- Lexus made a 60,000-hour documentary on Japanese ‘Takumi’ craft. “What’s the value of the man made object in the digital world?”
- 🌗 Japan’s moon rover will be made by Toyota