Seen in → No.74
- 🇨🇴🌳 The ancient guardians of the Earth. “‘We want the Younger Brothers to know more about our culture. In that way we can stop him destroying the world,’ said Izquierdo, referring to the modern world beyond the realm of the Arhuaco.”
- AI researchers tell Amazon to stop selling ‘flawed’ facial recognition to the police. “Amazon’s algorithms are flawed, with higher error rates for darker-skinned and female faces. The researchers say that if such technology is adopted by the police, it has the potential to amplify racial discrimination, create cases of mistaken identity, and encourage intrusive surveillance of marginalized groups.”
- 🇸🇪🚆 Sweden Wants to Revive Europe’s Overnight Trains. “[T]he Social Democrat-Green coalition government, the state will pump 50 million Kronor ($5.3 million) into creating night links by train to major European destinations, as part of a drive to give Swedes more low-carbon ways to travel long distances.”
- 🧵 by Leah Stokes on Twitter: Last night on @chrislhayes show, @AOC said Congressional colleagues tell her they can’t support #GreenNewDeal because their “district won’t go for it.” She didn’t buy it and thought corporate $ was the problem. Turns out, there’s evidence she’s right. 1/
- 🦕🍃 Cabinet of Curiosity. “We aim to explore, collect, and visualize the vast amount of data describing our natural world.” Which led me to this fantastic collection on Flickr, the Biodiversity Heritage Library’s albums.
- 📊 Remember Coudal’s Layer Tennis? Here’s an improvised Twitter battle of ridiculous diagrams.