Seen in → No.96
- Impressive! Metropolis (1927) Colorized & Dubbed using a Deep Learning algorithm.
- 🐙😍 A Sleeping Octopus Changes Color While Dreaming. “So here she’s asleep, she sees a crab and her color starts to change a little bit. Then she turns all dark. Octopuses will do that when they leave the bottom. This is a camouflage, like she’s just subdued a crab…”
- 🦁 Leonardo da Vinci’s mechanical lion recreated. “A mechanical lion made by Leonardo da Vinci which once paid dazzling homage to the King of France has been recreated 500 years after the master’s death.” (Be sure to click the image to see it in details.)
- refik anadol’s ‘machine hallucination’ debuts at new york’s Chelsea market. “a synesthetic reality experiment, which makes use of machine learning algorithms on a dataset of more than three million images. anadol’s ARTECHOUSE each moment represents a wide-ranging selection of architectural styles and movements and reveals the hidden connections between these moments in history.”
- 💀🤯 The Undertaker Village of Paris: Then & Now. A sprawling Parisian slaughterhouse of the 19th century, to which were added undertakers who turned out over 150 funeral processions a day, to today’s Le 104 which “has become one of the most unexpected pulse points of the city; a place where rebellious teens and families alike come to dance, play, eat and shop, unaware of its fascinating past.”
- 🖥 Jonathan Oppenheim 🧵 on Google “achieving” quantum supremacy: Looks like the worst kept secret in quantum technology has finally leaked into the mainstream press ahead of publication. While this is a milestone, it is *very* far from being a quantum computer that can compute anything useful.
- 🛶 Really great 🧵 by Twin Rabbit on canoe-based cultures throughout the Mississippi and Caribbean: sit back native twitter, I have a story to tell about a canoe, a map, and a 4 year research project.…